- Consent: by filling in any of my consent forms, you are giving your consent for Teresa White Massage Therapist to hold your personal information. The information which you supply on the forms will be held together with any clinical records, as applicable. I use your information to give you the best possible service and for insurance purposes. Not for marketing purposes. Only myself Teresa White will have access to your information.
- Email marketing: I will send you emails for appointment arranging. I will not email you for marketing or advertising purposes. You can opt out from myself holding your email address at any time, by emailing me at teresamassagetherapist.com or writing to me direct at 17 High Lane, Shapwick, Somerset, TA7 9NB.
- Links: when you click on links, they may direct you away from my website site. I are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
- Storing your information: your information is stored both on an encrypted computer, with a secure password and a locked filing cabinet, to which only I hold a key and will be kept locked at all times.
- Retaining your information: Adults records are retained for eight years following our last date of contact. Children’s records are retained until their 25th or 26th birthday, depending on the exact age of the child when their treatment ended.
- Accessing your information: Your records are accessed by myself only, for clinical purposes. You have the right to request a copy of your records at any time. These will be sent by recorded delivery to your postal address.
- Sharing your information: your information will be kept strictly confidential unless there are legal grounds for me to disclose something which you have told me to a third party. I shall always inform you if I feel that disclosure is necessary and seek your permission and co-operation first.
- Complaints: if, for any reason, you are unhappy with how I am handling your data, please raise your concerns with me first, so that we can seek a resolution. If you are still not satisfied, then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
I take confidentiality seriously and will not pass on or sell your data to anyone unless there is a legal reason.